Friday, December 5, 2014

Tope Alabi!! Singer denies confessing to being a ‘Mammy Water’

 
Gospel singer, Tope Alabi,was a victim of online pranksters who doctored a recording of someone sounding like the singer confessing to being a mermaid.

The Ogun State born singer in a recent interview with Punchnarrated her ordeal of how of her fans were tricked into believing that she was the person confessing in the recording that started from messaging platform WhatsApp and found its way to other social media platforms.
Some people went to WhatsApp, recorded the voice of a woman who said she was mammy water and then mixed my voice and my old music with it. They then put my name there to show that I was the one confessing. One pastor called me from Ikorodu, saying he heard my voice confessing on WhatsApp. That is when I knew about it. Indeed, some of my people wanted to run away from me, saying they didn’t know I was once mammy water. But the fact is that I have never been one, not to talk of confessing so anywhere,” Tope Alabi told Punch during the interview.
Tope Alabi, also known as Ore ti o common, and as Agbo Jesu, is a multi-platinum Nigerian Gospel Singer, film music composer and actress.
Alabi was formerly a member of the Jesters International comedy group. he later worked with other popular travelling and stage theater groups in both Ibadan and Lagos. She made films in the Yoruba film genre and later metamorphosed into gospel music after she became a born-again Christian. She has over 8 albums since she debuted in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment